Are you researching your family tree in Limerick? The Limerick Township Historical Society has many resources to help you in your quest for your ancestors. Our library has some of the following:
- Local church and cemetery transcriptions.
- Manuscripts from our members concerning their genealogical research.
- Many family history books, from general to surname-specific. Many of them are rather rare, and are very helpful when searching Limerick roots.
- Small deed collection focused on Limerick.
- And, of course, many members interested in genealogy who are willing to help you find your roots if you visit the society!
We are open Wednesdays from 9 AM to 4 PM, as well as the 2nd Sunday of each month, from 1 PM to 4 PM. There is a small admission charge to use the library if you are not a member. For directions to the Hunsberger House, where our library is housed, you may visit our directions page. If you would like to become a member, you may visit our Membership & Contact Info page.
While the society is willing to do research in our collections for patrons unable to visit in person, please note that there may be a small hourly fee beyond an initial fifteen (15) minute quick look-up. Please contact the society via telephone during our open hours for more information.
If your roots are from elsewhere in the region, the following is a list of local repositories that may have records about your family:
- Montgomery County Library & Information Network Consortium, includes public libraries in Royersford, Pottstown, and other parts of Montgomery County, PA.
- Spring-Ford Area Historical Society, Royersford, PA.
- Historical Society of Trappe, Collegeville, Perkiomen Valley, Trappe, PA.
- Pottstown Historical Society, Pottstown, PA.
- Boyertown Area Historical Society, Boyertown, PA.
- Schwenkfelder Library & Heritage Center, Pennsburg, PA.
- Historical Society of Montgomery County, Norristown, PA.
- The Goschenhoppen Historians Inc., Green Lane, PA.
- Montgomery County Archives, Norristown, PA.
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.